photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

08 August 2012

Velociraptor

So this entire time I have been planning on finding out next week what we're having. Last time we scheduled an ultrasound it was for a week after the doctor's visit, so that's what I assumed we'd do this time. I'd be at 18 and a half weeks so there should be no problem in determining the gender or anything, right? Well, I guess I was wrong. Now we have to wait another 3 weeks to find out if we're having a boy or girl. 3 weeks! To say that I'm a little upset is an understatement. I was so excited about next week and getting to not only find out, but see the baby again! Nope. 3. More. Weeks. I'm heartbroken. Completely heartbroken. I guess I should be thankful that we even have the opportunity to do something like this and see the baby, but it's hard when your hopes are dashed. I tried talking them into letting us move up the date, but that clearly wasn't going to happen. 

So 3 more weeks it is. Until then, I guess I'll spend my time planning that gender reveal party. It does give me more time to get things ready and invite people. So maybe it's a good thing in the end. I'm trying to look on the bright side. But it's kinda hard when all my emotions are warring with each other and all I feel like doing is crying. 

Life goes on and I am grateful that we are pregnant. Everything checked out fine today at the doctor. The baby's heartbeat was perfect and everything looked like we were moving along in the right direction. There is nothing truly for me to be upset about. I'm just anxious and impatient and ready to start registering and shopping and getting more specific things. From now on though, when people ask me what we're having I'm going to say a velociraptor. Just because I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment