photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

28 February 2012

Nesting

Most people catch the nesting bug once they find out they're pregnant. I am not most people. I have been nesting since we moved into our home a little over a year ago. Is there something wrong with me? I've been laughed at and looked at when I tell people what I've been doing to our "nursery." 

This room has been has been designated as the nursery since the day we bought the house. I picked out the paint color based on the fact that it would eventually serve as the room for our little babies. I knew what it would be and I saw that it would be pointless to paint it otherwise when I knew that eventually I wanted a yellow room. Yes. A yellow room. I love yellow. I know that many people are told to stray away from yellow, but I love this color and it's what I wanted. So there. But I digress. As I begin to put this room together, with the mindset that eventually this will be my nursery. Until it would serve for that purpose it will be my craft room. My bright and fun craft room. But I didn't want to put much on the walls. At least, I didn't want to put up things for me. Well, not my age appropriate. I wanted to put up nursery things. So tough cookies. That's what I did. This room still acts as my craft room. And you know what, adding little childish touches here and there have helped add more creativity in my life. I now want to be in here and work and craft and create! I'm loving it. And this room is coming together piece by piece and touches are being added here and there to make this room just a little more baby friendly. And personally, I love it and I don't care what anybody else says.

Let me reiterate. No I'm not pregnant. Are we working toward getting pregnant within the next year? Yes. But not right now. I guess I'm just a born nester. In my mind it just clarifies what I'm meant to be when I grow up. I'm meant to be a mom. Just a mom. And I can't wait for God to let that dream come true!

Remember these bad amazing boys?
These are the curtains for the nursery. Yes. The nursery. And I'm proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment