photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

21 February 2012

Longing...

It's February. 
Winter. 
Wet. 
Cold. 
Dreary.

Well. Some days. Other days it feels like spring. The sun is shining. The windows are open in my house allowing for a nice cool breeze. The sun feels warm on the skin. I love days like this. Luckily, most of our winter here in Georgia has been filled with warmer days. But these warmer days make me long for spring. Real spring. Not this fake one we're having where one day it's in the upper 60s/low 70s and the next day it's in the 30s. I'm not really digging this. Plus, it's not good for my allergies. 

I long for the beach. I long for life in Costa Rica. I miss those shores. I miss the fact that I was 5 minutes from the beach. I miss the "hora tica" lifestyle. The breeze. The sand. The open air homes. I miss it. Everything about it. I would love to be able to get back there one day. To see the school I taught at. The family who took me in and I called my own for those two months.

I took this photo in Costa Rica at our beach house in Matapalo.

But since it doesn't seem likely that I will be able to get to Costa Rica anytime soon, any beach will really do. I just want some sand, salt water, a cool ocean breeze, a good book, and my husband. Time to relax and renew. 

I don't know when the next time I'll get to see the beach will be, but at the moment there is a longing deep in my soul that is crying out. It's that feeling deep down that says "go to the beach, where everything is ok."

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the beach too! I bet Costa Rica was absolutely awesome. What a cool experience! :)

    ReplyDelete