photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

29 February 2012

Our love story Part 1

4 years ago today I went on my last first date. Clearly I was smitten with the boy. 

Here's how the story goes down. We met randomly outside a cigar bar in the town I went to college in. I was outside with my best friend just smoking away at a big one when up walks this hunk of deliciousness guy. My best friend jumps up to greet him and give him a hug. He stands around and talks a little and then goes inside the bar to pick out some tobacco for his pipe. I'm still sitting there just oblivious to it all. Then. He came back outside and joined us. We got to talking. Again. I'm oblivious to it all. I didn't want a boyfriend. I didn't need a boyfriend. Plus. No way. I had just finished working out. I looked "horrible." Anyway. Back to the story. So we're sitting there talking and just hanging out. Finally, after sitting there for a while I introduced myself. My friend had sort of missed that little detail. We laugh and talk a little while longer. And then it was time to eat. I was starving. Jefferson's was calling. I needed some fried pickles. So, being smooth, I invite this new hunk of deliciousness friend to eat with us. He turns us down. Says he "is meeting a friend to hang out." Okay. No matter. Fried pickles were calling. Best friend and I head to eat.

Not five minutes later, she gets a phone call. Guess who it was? Your right. It's him. "Can my friend and I come join you?" Of course! Remember, this is hunk-of-deliciousness talking, of course he can come! Not that I want a boyfriend remember? It was just fun to flirt. No harm. Right? (Later I found out he had called his friend and said "I'm such an idiot, I just turned down a pretty girl for you. I'll be at Jefferson's if you want to join us." Isn't he a sweetie? Haha) So they join us and we eat. The fried pickles were delicious. A dream. We talked and laughed and just had a good time getting to know one another. And that was that.

A week later it's Valentine's Day. Same best friend and I head to the tattoo parlor. My gift to myself was an amazing tattoo. I love it. Then we were taking each other out to dinner. Hello Buffalo's. We go. We dine. We enjoy our time. A few mentions of hunk of deliciousness here and there, but again, I don't want a boyfriend. We start to head back to campus when a guy in the car next to us waves us down...Flat tire. Pull into the nearest gas station. Yup. Tire needs changing. So being the awesome woman I am, I jump out to tackle the situation. I know how to change a tire. No problem at all. One problem though. I can't get the stupid lug nuts off. I jump on them. Put all my weight on them. They wouldn't budge. Best friend whips out her phone and starts calling "the guys." First person we call can't come but says to call hunk-of-deliciousness. I'm okay with this. So we call hunk-of-deliciousness. He says he has to finish dinner and then he'll be there. Maybe twenty minutes later he pulls up with his best friend. Hello hunk-of-deliciousness. He jumped right in and changed the tire. In the process I distracted him with my good looks and he put the lug-nuts on backwards. Points for me. He finished changing the tire. That was that. I don't need a boyfriend was my mantra over the next couple of days.

I orchestrated a couple of run-ins over the next week or so, but that was all that really happened. Finally. February 28, 2008 I meet him again at Wendy's. We flirt. I steal his phone, and slyly say "You've got a new number in there." I mean come on guys, how smooth am I? Gag. I know. But it worked. I got a phone call the next day. Now are you ready for how smooth hunk-of-deliciousness is? After talking for an hour on the phone he asks me, "Well, I'm planning on eating dinner at Waffle House if you would like to join me." So smooth. I know. We were made for each other. So of course I meet him at the House. And we spent 6 hours there talking about this and that and the other. About everything under the sun. Just getting to know each other. We liked what we saw...

This is the beginning of our love story...




No comments:

Post a Comment