photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

26 January 2012

It's been a while

Things have been...blah lately. I blame it on this weather. It's been a dreary January. Unseasonably warm (today's high is in the upper 60s/70s) but still quite blah. I don't know what it is about this blah weather. All it does is make me want to take a nap. Of course I can't tell that it's blah outside during the day when I'm stuck in my closet of an office, so the blah doesn't hit until the drive home. Then the exhaustion catches up to me. Doubts start creeping into my mind. And all I want to do is either a) take a bath or b) take a nap. Not such a good thing for my house. I have convinced myself to do a few things around the house, but it usually takes a lot of convincing.

Then I saw this verse posted by a friend this morning and it hit me hard in the gut. It was the perfect word to wake up to this morning.

And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. 
1 Corinthians 7:17 the Message

It stands as an encouragement. No matter what, I'm where He wants me to be and I should be happy and seeking Him in this place. It's hard when things get so blah, but that's when I should be seeking Him the most. There's something out there that He wants me to see, but I have to seek after Him to find it. So in the blah-ness of this month and the wintry months following, I will seek after Him in all things and through seeking after Him I will find joy and peace and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment