photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

29 January 2012

First Yoga Class of twenty12

One of my goals of twenty12 was to start yoga and yesterday I stepped out of my comfort zone and took the leap.

The day started off with the hubs and I heading out for South Carolina to visit the grandparents and get his filling replaced. So we started on our journey around 7:30, got there are 9:30, hubs was in the chair by 9:45, finished with the filling around 10:00, ate lunch with the grandmother, aunt, brother, and his girlfriend around noon, and then headed on our way home around 2:00 with a pit-stop at Walmart. This put us at getting home right at 4:00, giving me 20 minutes to change and get to the yoga studio. I was supposed to have a friend meet me and go with me, which would have not been too much of a problem, but she got sick :( so I had to make a decision. I decided I would do this for me, and it was a hard decision.

I made it right on time. I wasn't even allowed to pay because it would make me late for the start of the class. It was packed. And I awkwardly walked into the classroom with my mat and towel and got ready. The only spot I could find. In the front. I was terrified! Now I've done yoga before, but it was 2 years ago during college, but nothing like this. Hot yoga. That's what they call it. It means the room is 106 degrees. Also known as hot. Sweat started pouring from me the instant I entered the room.

So the instructor jumped right into it and I had no choice but to follow. Remember, I got the spot in the front. We started off with standing positions, and I started off strong. I can do this. Right? Wrong. I have NEVER had my legs shake the way they did yesterday. I had no control over them! They wouldn't stop. I did my best to keep them still, but it completely through me off. I suppose it was good that my legs were shaking because it meant that I was pushing myself to my limit. I did have to drop to me knees a few times due to dizziness (the heat was getting to me), but I was able to recover and jump right back into it.

All in all it was wonderful and I can't wait until next week to go back and do it again. I plan on doing some basic things throughout the week (I downloaded a yoga app on my iPhone) to keep me going and semi-limber and to help my legs and body loosen up, because I can feel the workout. I love it. It means I've worked for something. It's a great feeling.

Due to the lack of time, I failed at taking pictures. Next week will be different. I will be the creeper blogger with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment