photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

12 January 2012

To do in Twenty12

Twenty12 is going to be a big year for us. I can just feel it. Something deep in my gut says that this will be "the year." The year for what, I still don't know, but it's going to be a big year and I'm trusting God to take us where He wants us to be. So here's to Twenty12 and all that it will bring.

I hope to accomplish many things this year, and to keep myself accountable, I'm posting the list here and will periodically check things off as I get them done. We'll see what actually gets accomplished and what doesn't. In the end, this will hopefully be one eventful year. I know I'm ready. Are you?

1// Finish the Nursery - it is painted, but there is still a pile of boxes filled with junk sitting in the middle of the floor. I'm ready for it to be cleared out and completed.
2// Recover the couches - I've been saying I would do this for the past 2-3 years. This will be the year it gets done. I'm determined.
3// Recover the rocker - (notice the theme) we just bought this rocker from a consignment sale for the nursery. It just needs a style update.
4// Read 24 books - 3 down, 21 more to go! I want to read a book for every year I've been alive.
5// Date my husband - we've been married for 2 years now and have pretty much gotten into a routine. I want to spice things up and actually date him again.
6// Journal - I want to actually spend this year journaling in my personal journal. There's just something about putting your thoughts down onto paper and having personally handwritten them.
7// Keep up with Project 52 - A collage of pictures from each week of the year.
8// Start a family - I don't know if this one will actually come to fruition, but I would so much like to start growing our family this year.
9// Hike - every Sunday I want to go and hike somewhere, but for some reason we always find excuses not to go. This year is going to be a year of following through.
10// Finish my blanket - I started knitting this blanket right when hubs and I met, so about 4 years ago, and I still haven't finished it.
11// Become a better baker - I love to bake, but I'm just not that good at it. I want to experiment with things I haven't tried before and find new ways to make this whole gluten-free diet work.
12// Organize - "there's a place for everything and everything has its place" right? Well not in my house. At least not until this year is over.
13// Breathe - I tend to overreact to things that don't require overreacting. This year I want to work on taking things one breath at a time.
14// Do yoga - I took a yoga course in college, but haven't really kept on. I want to start doing yoga again as a way to stretch my muscles and relax.
15// Memorize a verse a month - remember when you had to memorize a Bible verse for Sunday school? Well, I'm going to give myself a verse to memorize for each month. That means 12 months of verses. Any suggestions for good verses?
16// Finish my book - I will finish my book. It will be written!

This list is by no means complete. There is still a lot more I would like to do this year, and I'm sure there will be a lot more I discover that I want to do this year. I guess I'll just have to see where God takes hubs and I and let Him guide our path.

No comments:

Post a Comment