photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

06 July 2012

How I blabbed the news...


Well, the whole plan was originally to wait until after our Disney vacation. That plan was thrown out the window and I actually found out I was pregnant just 2 days before we were to leave for vacation. This posed a problem. I wanted to tell the hubs in a special and kinda cute way, but we had 2 days before vacation and the hubs was already at his stress limit. I was at a loss for ideas. Do I tell him before we leave? While we were on vacation? After vacation? I realized that the whole after vacation thing wouldn't work because there would now be some rides that I couldn't ride and he would get suspicious. So after was out of the question.

After talking with the best friend (yes, she knew before the hubs did...I couldn't keep the secret from everyone) I decided just to go simple and tell him before we leave. So Monday I wracked my brain for ideas to tell him Tuesday, before we left Wednesday. Simple. I knew I had to keep it simple. I ran to the grocery store for another pregnancy test, one that was easier to read, took it, and then wrapped it up in a little gift. 

Tuesday night is typically his small group night and so I kept bugging him to see if the guys were going to come over. He had no clue. Luckily for me, the guys all had other plans so no small group for the night. So when he got home I told him that I had a surprise for him, I couldn't wait any longer. Still clueless. I handed him the little present and he opened it. And stared at it. And stared at it. And stared at it. He stood there for a good five minutes before he did or said anything. Then he looked at me. "We're pregnant!" I said. I was kinda nervous by this point. His face paled completely and he looked like he was going to pass out. I just laughed. His reaction was priceless! I led him to the couch for him to sit down before he dropped down on the floor, and just sat there with him while he processed it all. 

In the end he was able to breathe a little bit. The whole stress of our pending vacation and now a pregnancy was just taking it's toll on my poor husband. When it actually sank in he couldn't be happier! He's so excited about every little thing that comes with having a baby. It's been a wonderful process so far and we thrilled for the journey God has sent us on!

I was still in shock that it came out positive! 

His little gift. Nothing too special, but he still had no idea what it was about!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on your pregnancy alli! i wanted to let you know that you're the winner of the seraphina giveaway but i need your email. please email me within the next couple of days. thanks!

    ReplyDelete