photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

09 July 2012

Cravings and Aversions

There's one thing I can say about this pregnancy, it has come with it's fair share of food cravings and aversions. 

Before pregnancy I have always had a tendency to lean towards all things sweet. Especially ice cream, cookies, and the like. I would have taken a good candy bar anytime anywhere. But now...it is on a special occasion that I go for anything sweet, other than a peach. In fact the only thing sweet that I'm craving right now is my mom's special dessert, and lucky me, I get some tonight! 

Now, my big thing is milk. Before I knew I was pregnant I wanted glass of milk after glass of milk. Still I want milk. And cheese. Milk and cheese. I could eat cheese just by itself. I don't. Or I don't do it as much as I'd like...but I do occasionally indulge in some yummy cheese eating.

Aversions. I've noticed that my biggest aversion is to ground meat being cooked. I. Can't. Stand. It. And that's putting it lightly. I'm getting sick just thinking about it. The hubs cooked lasagna and enchiladas last week and I about died from the smell. It was awful. Also, chicken is out of the picture now for the most part. The only chicken I allow myself to eat can be found in the Zaxby's grilled Caesar salad. But that is it. The thought of chicken makes me want to gag. The thought of ground meat makes me want to run and hide and never return. 

I get random cravings for things like grilled veggies, sauteed onions, quinoa, a coke, pizza, Zaxby's fries, and salads. Oh and Waffle House. I love Waffle House. Last night was a Waffle House night and boy do I have the best husband in the whole world. He gets me just what I want. Well, pretty much what I want. 

I don't know what cravings and aversions say about a person, I personally think mine say that I'm absolutely insane. But that's just my personal opinion. 

1 comment: