photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

19 July 2012

Looking in the mirror

I know full well that I am pregnant, and with pregnancy comes a change in my body. I know this. But still, sometimes when I catch a glimpse of my bare stomach in a mirror, my breath catches. All I can think in that second is "oh, the hubs isn't going to like me getting big!" and then in the next second I sigh and remember, "I'm pregnant, this is supposed to happen!" Now, not all the changes are all that bad. I've already outgrown my bra, and I'm still growing...Goodness gracious. I'm kinda over that. 

Is it normal to feel this way about my growing stomach? I love the fact my stomach is growing and making room for this baby. I love watching it grow. I just still catch myself for split seconds at a time worrying that I'm "getting fat" when I know, I know I'm not. I don't like thinking this way. I want to continually rejoice over the changes. A growing belly means a growing baby and that is a wonderful thing!!

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact my belly is growing. I just wish my breath would stop catching at times in that negative way. No more negative thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment