photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

25 September 2012

Bringing Home Baby; the Nursery

A lot of research has been put into this whole "having a baby thing." I have found out there is a lot more to bringing home baby than just popping them out and then placing them in a car seat to bring them home. Obviously I'm kidding just a little here. 

Even before baby comes home, baby has to have a place to come home to. A place for baby to sleep (eventually), a place for a diaper change, and a place to keep all of baby's cute adorable clothes that so many loved ones has purchased for them. A nursery. For some people the nursery is a shared room, either with another child or room that has another purpose. Other people set aside a special room just for their little new little one. Of course, this varies from family to family and it all depends on living situation. The hubs and I are lucky to have a room that we have set aside for our little girl. Now we just have to fill the room with lovely things.

Things I've found we need:





Now this isn't our crib, just one like it. I'm saving sharing the final crib reveal for when our nursery is fully complete.


Once again, this isn't ours. We decided to go with a dresser that can have a changing pad added on top. This way the changing table can serve dual purposes.



Cribs don't come equipped with crib mattresses. Who knew? There are so many options out there with crib mattresses. There are foam mattresses and spring mattresses. We opted for a spring mattress when we registered. 



I imagine a glider will be ideal for feedings and rocking my little one to sleep. Honestly, I can't wait to put ours to use!



I'm still on the lookout for a good bookshelf unit for storing toys, books, and nick-knacks. I have the perfect spot for a shelving unit just like the one in the top right picture. Now just to find the perfect piece.

There are more things that a nursery needs, but in my opinion these are the essentials. Of course, I'm a first time mom so this list might change as time goes by and we get adjusted to life with a little one, but that'll be for another post. If you see anything I need to add, please feel free to let me know! The goal this weekend is to work some more on the nursery. I'm ready for it to be ready, because, even though she has 3 and a half more months of cooking to do, I'll feel better when things are settled and ready. It's just my nature I guess. Oh well, here's to a weekend of organizing and getting things ready! And then once that's all done, I'll post all about our little one's nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment