photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

02 December 2013

Two Pink Lines

It's amazing how quickly one can come attached to someone you've never met before. But the instant my eyes saw those two pink lines, I was in love.


It didn't take much at all. Just those two pink lines. I was over the moon ecstatic. I immediately told the hubs that "Bug was going to be a big sister!" We couldn't stop smiling. I was in love once again. My heart was expanding.

I wasn't worried about things at all, but things started off completely differently. I knew this pregnancy was going to be different than my first. My cravings were different, my aversions were different, everything was different. But I didn't expect anything of it.

That picture was taken just a little over three weeks ago. Everything was going smoothly. Until the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Everything was normal for the most part. I went to church, hung out with some cool kiddos, and then went to hang out with my family to celebrate an early Thanksgiving. 

It was at my parent's house that I started spotting. It scared me to death. This didn't happen with Bug. It started to get heavier, but never as bad a full blown period. I didn't know what to think, but I prepared myself for the worst.

Today we got word that I am no longer pregnant. It's heartbreaking. I cried a lot. The hubs has been my rock. He's been so strong during everything. I'm so thankful to have him in my life.

I don't know why I'm sharing this with you, but I felt it necessary. I want you to know that if you've gone through this, you're not alone. 

If you have any questions or anything about going through this, I'd be happy to answer them. 

I'm okay. I know my baby is with Jesus, and that's a far better place to be than down here on earth, though we would have loved to meet the little one. God had bigger plans for them as an angel, and I like to think that they're up there looking down on us and watching out for us. Our own little angel.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray for healing and peace for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alli, I am so, so sorry. My heart is breaking for you right now. Praying for you and your hubby, that The Lord will comfort you through your loss. I know He's holding your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alli, I am so very sorry. My heart is so heavy and breaking for you. I can only imagine what you are going through right now. I will be praying for healing for you and your husband. May you continue to find your strength, peace, and comfort in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in tears as I read this. You are so strong Alli. Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear friend, I am so sorry for your loss!! I am so glad and blessed and proud of you for running to Jesus instead of from Him. You are so strong! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry! God counted every one of those tears. I will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ali & Eric, we are so very sorry. You will surely be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i found your blog over at casey leigh. i got a flutter of happiness when i saw the title "two pink lines" and automatically clicked it, but now as i'm typing this my eyes are dripping with tears for you. i personally have never been through a miscarriage, but i have seen the heartbreak in friends who have and i'm truly sorry for your loss. i'll be praying for you and your family <3 stay strong mama!

    xo jenna
    sweet grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing two years ago. One day you will meet your little one. Even only two years later I am beginning to see God's wisdom in why he allowed baby to go be with him earlier than expected. I pray the same peace will be with you. In the meantime, do not be afraid to grieve. There is a time and place for that. Prayers with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete