photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

05 August 2013

Paint, paint, and more paint

I'm one that constantly likes to change and update things in my home. When we first moved in, I knew I wanted to paint the nursery yellow. I love the yellow that is in there. It's such a happy color. It's bright and airy and is just a happy room for my little girl. But I tire of colors very quickly, much to my husbands annoyance. 2 years in this house, and I'm already ready to repaint (let's be honest though, I've been ready to paint after the first year).

The first room we conquered was the bathroom. We did a complete overhaul in there. Right now, we're just waiting on the bead board and baseboards to get installed, and then it'll be finished and I'll update with pictures!

The next two areas on my list of never ending things to do are Bug's room and the master. Currently, the nursery is yellow. Like I said before, I love the yellow. But I think I want to go with something slightly more neutral. A brown of some sort. Maybe the color of warm cinnamon or Martha Stewart's brown sugar.

  
                    Martha Stewart's brown sugar                 warm cinnamon


Now are master bedroom is a dark green. I like the color, but I've never been in love with it. There isn't enough natural light in our master bedroom to pull of such a dark color. In an attempt to lighten things up, we're already repainting the trim white. At the moment, it's that ugly 80's stain. The white trim is definitely helping brighten things, but in my opinion, it's not enough. So now I'm thinking of doing a yellow and grey combination. Our new (washable) bedspread is yellow, and I love it. But the green doesn't really go well with it. So now, it's time to paint.


I love these greys, but I did tell the hubs that he could pick out the grey in order to get him on board with the master bath redo. 

I don't know if I'll actually get to do these redoes, but a girl can dream right? I'm hoping that when baby #2 is on board, we can redo the nursery to accommodate. I guess I'll just have to wait to see. 

2 comments:

  1. Woah woah woah, already talking about baby number 2!?!?! Haha, so are we. These girls are just growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete