photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

17 August 2013

Let's Make Habits: Week 1

source//words mine

I'm joining Jenny again this week in her series about making habits. Last week we talked about what our goal for this two month challenge. I decided my goal was to get organized, and you can read all about why here. This week we are to come up with a schedule.

Let it be known, that one of my on repeat New Years resolutions is to get organized, but somehow I always get intimidated by the overwhelming job it is to get organized. I seem to want to tackle it all in one go, get discouraged, and then I end up taking a break that lasts until the new year rolls around again. This time I'm coming up with a schedule to hopefully urge me on in my conquest to organize this house of mine.

Week 1 (August 18-24):
Kitchen
* clean out fridge
* organize cabinets
*organize pantry
* baby proof cabinets with cleaning supplies and knives
*dust
*mop

Week 2 (August 25-31):
Dining Room
* organze table
*clean up and organize "bar cart"
*dust
*mop

Week 3 (September 1-7):
Living room/Entryway
*clean up toys
*organize tv cabinet
*clean out fireplace
*dust
*vacuum

Week 4 (September 8-14):
Bug's Bedroom
*clean out drawers
*organize drawers
*change out clothes sizes
*put clothes that don't fit in storage
*dust
*vacuum

Week 5 (September 15-21):
Bug's bathroom/Master bath
*deep clean toilet
*deep clean tub
*scrub floors
*organize under the sink
*organize medicine cabinet

Week 6 (September 22-28):
Master Bedroom
*organize dressers
*organize closet
*go through clothes to donate old ones
*dust
*vacuum

Week 7 (September 29-October 5):
Guest Bedroom
*gut and start all over

Week 8 (October 6-12):
Hall Closets
*gut and start all over

My plan is to tackle things room by room in order for them not to get too overwhelming. Of course, the guest room is totally terrifying. It's been our "catch all" room and I'm ready for it to be better. I want to be able to walk in there without cringing. I also want to be able to find things in there. 

I think the end result will be the satisfaction of having a nice clean house where everything has a place and there's a place for everything. I also, just maybe, might splurge on some awesome new things for our house. We'll just see what ends up happening.


Jenny Highsmith

8 comments:

  1. I really like the structure of your goal. It seems like you can really check off things from the list- such a gratifying feeling- and really see the results right away. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible. Now, let's just see if I can stick to the plan!

      Delete
  2. Your goal is awesome! Decluttering and organizing can be so hard and overwhelming... It looks way easier the way you scheduled it. I tend to do this in one go too, and I think this new approach is great.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know if it works. Baby steps right?

      Delete
  3. Wow! I could really have made this my goal as well. It's a daunting task getting organized, and I can't even imagine trying to do it with a little one. Good luck and I look forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not easy, organizing with a little one, but I've got to. She's the reason I'm doing all of this!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I could really have made this my goal as well. It's a daunting task getting organized, and I can't even imagine trying to do it with a little one. Good luck and I look forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I could really have made this my goal as well. It's a daunting task getting organized, and I can't even imagine trying to do it with a little one. Good luck and I look forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete