photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

26 August 2013

Let's Make Habits: Week 2

Week 1 is down...Here is what I got done:


Week 1 (August 18-24):
Kitchen
* clean out fridge
* organize cabinets
*organize pantry
* baby proof cabinets with cleaning supplies and knives
*dust
*mop

To say that life got in the way seems like it's just an excuse, but it's really what happened. With a little one life is completely unpredictable. In order to really get things done, I have to wait on her nap time or when she goes to bed at night. But there are other things that have to get done. I have to cook meals for the hubs, Bug, and myself; attempt to keep up with laundry; work; keep up other rooms; etc. It's a lot. But I'm working. I'm not going to stop. It feels so good to have things beginning to get organized in the kitchen. I read somewhere that being organized leads to a happier life. I agree. We've been living in a sort of chaos for weeks and it's been stressing me out. I'm looking forward to being relieved of the chaos.

Week 2 (August 25-31):
Dining Room
* organze table
*clean up and organize "bar cart"
*dust
*mop

This week is all about the dining room and I can't wait to get my hands on it! Our dining room table has been a catch all for random junk, and right now it houses my sewing machine because there isn't another working place for it. I'm looking forward to using our table for what it's meant to be used for: eating and family time. With Bug now eating solids, we've made it a point to eat every meal at the table with her. I believe it's important to spend meal time together sitting at the table without any distractions. Here's hoping for a smoother week where I can get my list completed! And maybe if I get all of this done, I can treat myself to some pretty table decorations for fall.

source; "let's make habits" watermark added by me

4 comments:

  1. My sewing machine is on my kitchen table right now also! Haha! I really need a craft room =)

    Im doing a link up today if you have any recipes you wanna post I would love to have you!!

    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/2013/08/meal-plan-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're trying to set up my craft room in the basement, but it's a long time coming. Hopefully it'll happen sooner than later!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the dining room! You're doing great! :)

    Charlotte // www.midnightcaramel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying my best to get it all accomplished. There is definitely some obvious differences that are helping my organize my thoughts and lessens the chaos that is in my house! It's not easy, but I'm enjoying it!

      Delete