photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

25 January 2013

One Week

It's hard to believe that my baby girl is already a week old. It doesn't seem possible! (Sorry for a repeat of pictures for those of you who follow me on instagram)


Weight: Most likely you're back up to birth weight. At least that's my guess. You're such a chunk! We went to your pediatrician on Monday and you had dropped just a little bit - 7 lbs 12.5 oz. But I'm sure you have gained those ounces back. You're such a little piggy when it comes to eating.


Health: You seem to be very healthy and very content. Your umbilical cord fell off at six days. I admit, I may have cried a little bit. I'm not ready for you to start growing up! We were a little worried about jaundice because your skin was just a touch yellow, but your pediatrician wasn't concerned at all. Now, I'm happy to say that your coloring looks really good.



Sleep: Baby Girl, you are spoiling us! I'm getting 3-4 hour snatches of sleep in between feedings. It's been so nice. We've been dressing you in a sleeper sac and you just love it. I woke up a few days ago to feed you  only to find your sleeves empty. You had learned to take your arms out of your sleeves and pull them up to your face through the top of your sleeper. Now, when we dress you for bed, I don't even bother to put your arms through your sleeves. If you want them through, you put them through. It's pretty cute.


Diet: You are strictly on breast milk, and you enjoy every bit of it! You are such a little porker. It's precious. We go about 2-3 hours during the day between feedings and 3-4 hours at night. 


Clothes: You're still in your newborn clothes, and they seem to fit you just right. This is perfectly fine with me. I'm content with keeping you little forever.



Crying: Right now you really only cry when you're starting to get hungry. You let little whimpers out when you're sleeping. It's cute to watch you dream. 



Baby Likes: You love your swing and your rock'n'play. You're currently sleeping in your rock'n'play at night and you just love it. Also, we have a teddy bear outfit that we dress you up in to take you out and you just love it! The instant you're in there, you fall asleep. It's adorable!



Postpartum: This week hasn't been too bad. I tore a little at birth so I had to get stitches. That has probably been the biggest problem. They are very uncomfortable, to say the least. It took me a while to get the hang of sitting and walking with the pain, but now the pain is pretty much gone and I'm starting to feel a relative sense of normal. Or rather, a new normal. Now, I'm having to get used to carrying to milk jugs on my chest.


Baby Girl, we are absolutely smitten with you. I mean really. Your Bibi has been here all week helping me, while your daddy goes back to work. We were lucky to get 5 days (thanks MLK holiday) with him before he had to get back to work. We're adjusting to life right now as a family of three, and let me just tell you that it's been wonderful. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. You are beautiful, my darling daughter, and I am just so in love with you!


Happy 1 Week, my darling. Mommy loves you!

The Life Of Faith

5 comments:

  1. She is adorable, and what blessing to have a good sleeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous! It's amazing how quickly they steal your heart, isn't it? It only gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, congratulations! I'm due tomorrow with our fourth child. Very envious of you right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!
    What a blessing!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete