photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

03 January 2013

38 Weeks and a birthday!

Sorry this is late. It's been a crazy week with birthday and holidays and I'm taking as much time as I can to relax before Baby Girl gets here.

This picture was taken on my birthday :)

How far along: 38 weeks!

Trimester: Third and final trimester!!!!! 

Baby size: Watermelon - somewhere between 19 and 22 inches and somewhere around 7.5 lbs

Toes: What toes? I have toes?!

Gender: BABY GIRL!

Movement: Her movement is beginning to shift. I can tell there's not much room for her in there and it's reflected in the way she's moving.

Cravings: Anything sweet and peppermint, but I guess it has to do with the season

Aversions: I tried chicken again...I nearly threw up. It was horrible. No thank you.

Nausea/Morning sickness: Still no nausea or morning sickness, now just massive back pain (yay pre-labor symptoms) and Braxton Hicks. 

Maternity clothes: I live in sweats and the hubs's pajama pants and shirts. Nothing fits me anymore. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I have to go back to work next week.

Best moment of the week: My birthday was on Tuesday and so we just had a relaxing day watching football (GO DAWGS!) and hanging out with family.

What I'm looking forward to: This girl getting here! I'm ready to meet her and have some quality snuggle time with her!!



Can I just say that I love my doctors? I really do. I had my 38 week appointment yesterday and they talked about checking me to see if I had progressed any. My doctor started off by asking me, "What's your plan?" and my instant response was "To have a baby." She just laughed and told me it was a good plan. I went in depth and told her I really just wanted to go with the flow and see what happens. I wasn't concerned about knowing if I was in fact dilating or if I was still just hanging. In fact, I think I would be more anxious knowing how far along I actually was than I am not knowing how I've progressed. She agreed with me and told me that we'll just let nature run it's course and not bother checking. I love that! I love that I can just let my body do what it needs to do without the added pressure from the doctors. They seemed real easy with just letting it happen too. I've had a "go-with-the-flow" attitude this entire pregnancy. As long as baby and I are healthy, I'm not worried, and I'm thankful to see that my doctors are of the same mindset as me.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday girl!! You will be getting a belated birthday present soon! I know you cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your pretty little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see photos of this little one!!

    ReplyDelete