photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

28 December 2012

Not How I Intended My Evening To Go...





We are all fine. Baby Girl, the hubs, and I are all fine. Heck, we weren't even in or near the vehicle when it happened. In fact, it was sitting in front of our house when it happened. No one near or around it...other than the other driver.

What happened you ask...Well, I wish I could tell you. We don't even know what happened to our Tahoe. The hubs and I were heading out to do our respective errands when we saw it. I was the first to hit the top of the driveway and noticed our Tahoe looking a little funny, but I just thought that the hubs had left the back hatch open. Little did I know that our car had been hit by something.

By what? We don't know. By whom? We don't know. There was no note. No one came to tell us what happened. Nothing. They hit our car and left. A hit and run. I think that's what breaks my heart the most. Someone did major damage to our vehicle and then left as if nothing was the matter. I mean, what happened to honest people? I know they're out there. I know there is good in this world, but this is heartbreaking to me. How hard is it to own up to something that you did? When I called our insurance, the lady taking our claim said that this wasn't uncommon. It happened more often than you would think. People just don't think it's necessary to own up to anything anymore.

Unfortunately, there's nothing more that we can do. We filed a police report and a claim with our insurance, so now it's a waiting game for the insurance adjuster to come out and assess the damage. Hopefully, it won't take too long. But it's now out of our hands. I'm just thankful that it was just a car. It could have been me, the hubs, or Baby Girl. I'd gladly take damage to an empty car over someone getting hurt any day. And this damage can be repaired without costing us a thing (or at least it should). So tonight I am thankful, thankful that it was just a car and no one that I love.

1 comment:

  1. Jeez sorry about your car :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you guys are ok!!

    ReplyDelete