photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

08 January 2013

39 Weeks!!

I am 39 weeks pregnant. That means just one more week until d-day. Well, her predicted d-day. I personally think she'll be here later next week. We'll see though. Whatever day she decides to come will be the perfect day. (Hopefully I'll get a 39 week picture up asap)

These past two weeks, the hubs and I have had off work. It was so nice to be able to just spend the time with each other. One last holiday season before our little one gets here. It was bittersweet. I am just so incredibly thankful that we got this time together. We've spent three Christmas holidays together as a family of two, and two of those holidays in our own house. We're ready to move to the next step. Next holiday season we will be a family of three, and we are both so incredibly excited!



Today I went back to work after the holiday break. Everyone seemed shocked to see me there. It just made me laugh. I felt like I needed a sign around my neck saying "Yes, I'm back. Don't worry though, I'm fine." Then they'd ask me what my due date was again. It felt weird saying "Monday." That's less than a week away. Um. What?! Less than a week until my due date. Of course, I still stand by the fact that I think she'll be late. But people still think I'll pop at any second. It goes along with how I feel...I feel like a ticking time bomb, liable to go off at any minute. 

Anyway, work. I made it through the day. I only had to walk up the steps twice, so that worked in my favor. I tried to balance my walking around with time with my feet up. I never realized how hard it is to sit in those chairs with a large pregnant belly. I thought it was difficult to sit down before Christmas, who knew it was only going to get harder...Oh wait, everyone told me that it would. 

I go to the doctor tomorrow. My one questions: how long will they let me go past my due date without inducing me? I'm all for letting her go as long as she needs to go, as long as she's healthy and doing just fine. Of course I say that now, I'm sure next week I'll be singing a different tune. We'll see though. She might come before. As long as when she comes doesn't interfere with my football watching on Sunday (GO FALCONS!)(just kidding...or am I?). What can I say? I'm a southern girl who loves her football. I'm secretly hoping she'll come before the game so her first football game will be the Falcons stomping the Seahawks. Just saying...

After work today, the hubs's school through us a baby shower. Our baby girl is so incredibly loved and blessed already! I can't wait for her to get here so we can just shower her with kisses and hugs and love. It'll be sooner than later! That's at least what I'm telling myself.

1 comment: