photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

16 January 2013

Still Pregnant...


This photo was taken yesterday. 
And nothing has changed. 
I'm still pregnant.

I did have a doctor's appointment yesterday though. I sat strapped to a monitor for at least an hour as they monitored Baby Girl's heartbeat and how she was responded to contractions - if I had any. I ended up falling asleep while they were monitored me. Oops. I couldn't help myself. This whole being pregnant thing is exhausting. And Baby Girl was being difficult as well. She didn't want to stay still and have her heartbeat listened to. She kept moving. Anyway, turns out I am having contractions (I knew that) and the baby is doing great (I hoped that was true). They finally checked me and I'm at 2 centimeters and they stripped my membranes. Ever since then, I've been cramping and contracting...as long as I'm moving. I don't feel a thing when I'm sleeping. Is that normal? 

The doctors said they'll induce me if she doesn't come by Sunday on her own. I, of course, said that was fine as long as it was after the football game (GO FALCONS!). They also scheduled me for an ultrasound and stress test tomorrow. I'm hoping to not make it to the appointment. But who knows what'll happen. I'm still contracting. But nothing I can't handle right now. I'm going by the rule that if I can't talk through or walk through then I'll go to the hospital. So far I've been able to walk and talk through every one.

As of right now, I'm having contractions and Baby Girl has hiccups. An interesting combination.

Oh! And doctor said yesterday that she's predicting a big baby...How big you ask? She could be 9 pounds or over. Of course I take that with a grain of salt, but I guess we'll see tomorrow how big she really is at the ultrasound tomorrow.

Here's hoping that the next time you hear from me, I'll be announcing the birth of my beautiful baby girl!

Also! My bump pictures were featured over on Spearmint Baby! Go check them out here!

4 comments:

  1. I wish you the best in these final days! Oh and I'll be cheering for the falcons as well!

    Tiffany
    www.littlegems3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be scared!! 9 lbs is still tiny!! :) I'm excited to see pictures!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby was almost nine lbs!! Don't let it scare you about pushing out a big baby. I didn't even rip or tear and she came right out. Once those real labor contractions start, you will feel like you are dying. I'll be thinking about you this week! Hope everything goes great with your labor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you these last few days!

    My first was nine pounds even and my second was nine pounds six ounces. It's totally doable! :-)

    ReplyDelete