photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

03 October 2012

Bringing Home Baby; The Advice


I see shirts like this and they make me laugh. I just kinda roll my eyes and continue on with my life. But there is something to this shirt that makes sense. I can see why some people would portray this kind of attitude. Being a first time mom, I never realized how many people offer advice the instant they find out your pregnant. Then the advice continues once they find out if you're having a boy or girl. And with that advice comes their opinions. 

I'm not complaining though. It's just their way of showing that they care, even if they don't know me. I'm getting good at just smiling and nodding. But I believe this is a part of what it takes to bring baby home. Putting up with all the unsolicited advice that comes your way is just another thing you have to deal with. The best part is, you most likely know who has your best interest at heart and in the end...it's your body and your baby. All that matters in the end is how you feel.

Along with the unsolicited advice...the belly rubs! Once again, I just smile and nod.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. The advice was something I had to get over..especially here in Peru. Everyone thinks they are an expert on you and your baby. Drove me NUTS! I know I will have to get over it all over again once the baby is here! Good advice though: just smile and nod. :)

    The belly rubs were the opposite. I might as well have put a sign on my tummy that said, "TOUCH ME PLEASE!" I love it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think smiling and nodding is the best way to deal with all the advice! Everyone has something to say about kids/babies, and you're right, they just offer it because they care and are excited for you too. Smile, nod, and then do what works for you and your baby anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete