photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

19 December 2011

Projects

This weekend my lovely hubby took me thrifting. I have a serious weakness for thrift stores. I wasn't planning on buying anything big (our budget is pretty tight due to Christmas/birthdays), maybe just a couple of sweaters I could revamp or maybe even a couple of gag gifts for Christmas. Then the hubby spotted a lovely, huge rocking chair. The best part of it is that my feet touch the floor! I'm really short, so finding a chair that my feet can comfortably touch the floor is tough. But we found one. The wood and little details are lovely. I'm quite excited about it. However, the cushions can use some work. The fabric is circa 1960 and is a hideous orange. Plus the bottom cushion no longer has any fluff to it, so when you sit down you hit solid wood instead of cushion. So those things I am going to have to replace. As of right now this rocking chair will go in our nursery *squeals with excitement*. No I'm not pregnant, but just the fact that we're putting furniture in there for it to one day soon be a nursery just makes me over-the-top ecstatic. Not to mention it was less than $40.



So I officially have a new project to conquer. I have to get all the j u n k out of the room so that I can get the fun, nursery stuff in. But to get the chair into the nursery, I also have to recover it. That means looking at awesome fabric! I don't know what I exactly want, but I have an idea. I want something that can handle baby messes (puke, pee, etc), something that has a vintage-y look to it, and something that will last through time. The room is a bright yellow with dark wood accents, and once I get my hubby motivated it'll have a wood wall.

Here are some that I have found that I really like:

via Joann's



via Warm Biscuit Bedding (this is probably too busy, I just think it's super adorable)










Is it obvious that I have babies on the brain? Once again, we're not pregnant. I just like to dream for when we do have a little one with us.

Which fabric do you like the most?

1 comment:

  1. I love the cowboys and girls but all your fabrics are white or cream background. That would make me leery in trying to keep it clean. I would go for something a little bit darker..like having fun blue or Dude Ranch Bark Cloth Blue http://store.onestopwesternshop.com/wetafa.html

    ReplyDelete