photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

26 December 2011

Merry Christmas

This Christmas season has been, for lack of a better word, crazy. For the first time ever, I worked until the 22nd of December. This being said, there was no time off to get things that needed to be done actually accomplished. Instead, I had to do things after work, leaving things at the house left to fend for itself. Luckily, the hubby had the whole week off prior to Christmas so he was able to get at least the dishes done. But that's about it. He had other things to do as well.


So here it is, the week before Christmas, I'm working, shopping, wrapping presents, and getting things ready for family. No time for cleaning for me. So this week is devoted to cleaning and getting ready to go back to work. I luckily have two weeks off and plan to do a lot of deep cleaning and organizing that time. Like most of my plans, I don't know how well this will actually go. I'm just taking it one breath at a time. 


Christmas was different this year. We spend Christmas Eve with the hubby's family and Christmas day with mine. This year, his mom and sister were in Texas for Christmas Eve and so they weren't able to join us for the holiday. It was rather loud with four little girls running around the house, but that's what family is about. Right? The girls tore into their presents and thoroughly enjoyed the day. We then head home for the night and we got to spend the night in our own house. Our very first Christmas at our own home. It was nice. I woke up to coffee and a nice roaring fire. Then we were whisked away to spend Christmas with my family. We were originally going to head to South Carolina to spend it with my extended family, but my dad hasn't been feeling well so we decided not to make the trip. So we spent the whole day at my parent's house just relaxing. 


It's a time for new traditions, and who knows what traditions next year might hold.


No comments:

Post a Comment