photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

12 December 2011

Just for me

This past weekend I got to do something that was just for me. I took a trip up to Rome (by myself) and went and spent the day with my b  e  s  t f  r  i  e  n  d. She helped me do some Christmas shopping, where we saw the latest style of men's fashion. We enjoyed our traditional sushi meal. Then we hung out at her house, drinking tea, watching Doctor Who, and making t-shirts. I had a blast and I personally think it was just what the doctor ordered.


The shirt I made.


This was the first time, in a loooooooong time, that I had actually just spent the day away from the house and hubby and chose to do something else all on my own. Normally it's both of us going out somewhere, like to Rome, and he'll visit his friend while I stay with mine. But this time it was all me. I pushed my "to do" list aside and went because nothing was stopping me. So instead of cleaning on Saturday and doing laundry, I took some time to have fun. Which is OK. Repeat after me. It is OK to leave things until later to work on yourself. This is still something that is hard for me to deal with. I am very much a person who stresses about things not getting done. There have been projects on top of projects just piling up at the house, so to take a day and just leave those projects tend to really stress me out. But I got over my anxiety and went. And I don't regret it in the latest. I came home to the hubby done with his yard work and a lovely fire going. 

It was just what I needed. 

It also allowed me to take a break, so I was able to fold all the laundry (we had recently washed 10 loads of laundry in order to really clean our house) and get started on everything else. Now here is my new "cleaning to-do list" the weekly version (we'll see if I actually keep to the schedule):

Sunday: Laundry
Monday: Vacuuming and Bathrooms
Tuesday: Kitchen Clean-Up
Wednesday: Living Room Clean-Up
Thursday: Bedrooms Clean-Up
Friday: Vacuuming and Touch-Ups
Saturday: Little Fun Projects

We'll see if I can stick to the schedule. So far (I know, it's only Monday) I have (pats myself on the back). The laundry was taken care of yesterday. Now for vacuuming and cleaning the bathrooms today. I'm hoping to also keep up with the "nursery" and clean that out more. I call the room the nursery because one day it will be used as one. But for now it's really just my craft room/junk room. I'm ready for all the junk to be out of there though. We'll see how long it'll take for that to happen. But I'm anxious to see the transformation (don't worry, I'll document as I go). 

I do love nesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment