photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

10 October 2013

Nursery Redo

For those of you who know me well, know that I get very antsy when it comes to design (which is why I keep changing up my blog design so often. I've got to get the ants out somehow!). I love rearranging furniture, changing out artwork, and repainting. If I had it my way, I would change my home decor and everything else with each changing season. As of now, we have lived in our house for two years and all that has changed are the curtains, the furniture (thanks Mom and Dad!), and the mantle. I am itching to make some changes around here!

As I sit here in the living room, I desperately want to repaint this red wall. Now don't get me wrong, I love my red wall, but it's been red ever since we've moved here and I am over it. But this change won't happen for a while.

The first thing I have permission to change is the nursery. Right now, it's a beautiful yellow. I love the yellow. But I'm tired of it. Can you see that I get tired of things easily? It's the sad truth. The room has been yellow since we've moved in (we painted it with the knowledge that it will eventually be our nursery). So now, I've been scanning Pinterest in hopes of inspiration for Bug's new room. 

One thing that will stay the same will be her red crib. I love her red crib. To go with it, we will be repainting her room a light brown color. I don't know the name yet, but once I do, I'll let y'all know. Along with the repainting of her room, we'll be painting her trim white and I'll be making new curtains as well. 

The "theme" or direction I'm going with is kind of a woodland theme. I want to base it off of this print: 


I love this print. 

So the room will be filled with foxes, deer, and all the little woodland creatures you can imagine. I'm excited about the new direction and I can't wait to get started!


This is another print I want to include in her room. 

I think it'll be a fun project and mostly, I'm just looking forward to some change in this house!

(And then this red wall is getting painted over! Bring on the grey ;) haha)

1 comment:

  1. I love the prints! You'll have to post pictures when you're done!

    ReplyDelete