photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

21 October 2013

Life Hacks: Cooking With Baby

(Introducing a new series: Life Hacks! Little ways I've found that make life easier when living and doing life with a baby.)

Life Hack #1: Cooking With Baby
(mostly an active baby) - I've got to give my mama credit with this one, she's one smart lady!

Let's face it, cooking or doing anything in the kitchen isn't easy when you have a baby. It got to where I wouldn't cook (or eat, for that matter) until after Bug was asleep. It was just too much trouble to deal with a moving baby and cooking food all at the same time.

So what to do? You can always strap them in their high chair and let them eat or play with toys. But then they throw the toys off and you have to go get them or they are running out of food. So you're caught running back and forth between food and high chair. And, if your child is anything like mine, they hate to be cooped up for any length of time.

That is when I introduced the drawer (or in my mom's case, cabinet). This drawer is filled with Tupperware and measuring cups that aren't being used. Everything is baby proof and can make lots of noise (something that Bug loves). Plus, there's a cool drawer that she can open and close, open and close, open and close as many times as she likes.  

This drawer has changed my life, and Bug's too for that matter. She loves playing in the kitchen while Mommy is cooking. The best part, if she loses a "toy" she can crawl after it and bring it back. It keeps her busy and let's me cook. It's been a lifesaver. 

Photo taken via iPhone. Follow me on Instagram {at}alliw009

Don't let this face fool you, she loves her drawer. She just got stuck and couldn't figure how to get back off the drawer. 


Do y'all have any life hacks that help with cooking? 

Does your little one have their own drawer or cabinet that they love to play in?

What do you have in your baby's repertoire of kitchen toys?

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea Alli! I tend to just wait till my hubby comes home from work and make him babysit so I can cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Yes, I have all my Tupperware, pots and pans on the bottom for my Belly Bug to play with! It has been such a lifesaver!
    I have been very lucky so far and she has not opened any drawers or cabinets yet .... at 10 months I'm so surprised she has no interest in doing so! But I'm sure my time will come, lol.

    Love the picture, your Bug is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea girl!!! I was actually having this very same problem a few minutes ago! I girl is so very active and loves cabinets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea: to just have your tupperware and measuring cups in the lower drawer. My baby girl just started loving drumming on everything so she would love this. Right now she really doesn't mind sitting and bouncing in her bouncy seat. For a little while I wasn't sure what to do with her and did not want to cook too.

    adelemamabrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea!
    I have a giveaway going on, would love for you to check it out! http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep a drawer just for my son too! It has all his straws, utensils, and cups. He usually just grabs them and carries them around the house and drops them in random places. But it does keep him entertained for a bit!

    ReplyDelete