photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

15 September 2013

An Impromptu Hiatus

Last week I was forced to take an impromptu hiatus from the blog. It broke my heart, but I had to. Sunday morning I woke up with a stomach ache, but by the end of the day it was pretty much gone. Monday morning that was not the case. My body hated me Monday morning. But by noon, I was back to normal. I was able to eat. Maybe I was over it. Then Tuesday came and I woke up sick again. Around noon things got better, but I couldn't eat a bite. It was not good. Wednesday was the same as Tuesday, only worse. My body seriously hated me.

At this time, we were beginning to wonder if I was pregnant. I was at my worst in the mornings right after waking up. This gave me a little hope. If I was pregnant, then being sick was way worth it. Now, this suspicion wasn't all based solely on this new bought of what I dubbed "morning sickness," with breastfeeding, my cycle is way off so I have no idea when it's coming or going. But every test I took was negative. I know there are such things as false negatives, so I had my hopes set kind of high.

Thursday, I woke up and could barely walk or move. I went to pick up Bug, and could barely get her in my arms to nurse her (yes, I continued to nurse her, if I had a virus, I wanted her to have all the antibodies my body was producing). The hubs had been home until one all week, so he was still there with me. I looked him in the eyes and told him we needed to go to the hospital. So I called my mom and she came to stay with Bug as we went to the emergency room. We ended up spending all day there. They gave me an IV and anti-nausea medicine in the ER for extreme dehydration. They also said I had the stomach flu, but I disagree with that diagnosis. Not once had I run a fever. Finally, they sent us home after 4.

That night I was finally able to eat again. Now, I hadn't eaten since Monday afternoon, so this food was welcomed. I thought that maybe I was on the mend. Friday morning held promise, but Friday night I took a turn for the worse. We thought I might have to go back to the hospital. But I wanted to wait it out again. If I got worse, we'd go if I got worse. 

Thankfully, that was the last time I got sick. I am happy to report that I am on the mend. And no I'm not pregnant. I got confirmation on that Friday morning. So, with pregnancy not being the case, we still don't know what was going on. I'm just happy to be on the mend and able to eat again. Eating is a wonderful thing, y'all. 

Here are some adorable pictures from an adorable Bug. She was great while this mommy was so sick! I'm so blessed to have her!

Bug doesn't like the feeling of hard flooring on her knees, so she improvises.

This little one is getting the hang of using her sippy cup! She loves it!


3 comments:

  1. Newest follower! I found your blog through the Mommy Moments blog hop. You have such a cute family!
    Ashley @ Mrs. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you're feeling better girl!!! And baby girl is just getting cuter and cuter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little bug making you feel all better. Mommy sick is not fun.

    Thanks for joining the momma melody. We would love to have you join us again. Anything mom, from vacation pics, encouraging words, to recipes. I jot some notes on Mondays, but it's a come whenever you can kind of party. Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-momma-for-today.html

    Be blessed bunches,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete