photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

17 May 2013

4 Months!


weight: 16 lbs 7.5 oz (90%)      
height: 25 1/2 in (90%)
eating: every 2.5-3 hours still; exclusively breastfed
tummy time: loves tummy time and is starting to enjoy it for longer periods of time!
happiness: happy as a clam! she's cooing and talking and squealing now!
loves: cuddles, Lamaze toys, exersaucer, "piano", her feet, her hands in her mouth, anything in her mouth, and rattles
sleep: between 8 and 11 hours! last night she slept 11 hours straight! still loving that crib!


She's gained another pound and 1/2 (almost 2!) in the past month! Such a good eater! Now she not only has leg and knee rolls, but she's getting arm and wrist rolls as well. And of course there's the adorable double chin. How come babies can have double chins and rolls and it's cute? Not fair! 



Still no rolling over. She's good at getting half way there, but then she seems stuck. It won't be long though before she accomplishes it! Then I'll definitely have my hands full with a little mover. Time to start thinking about baby proofing.



She's still in 3-6 month clothing, with some 6 months and 6-9 months. This girl is chunky and needs all the room she can get in her clothes. When we use disposable diapers, she's in size two, and we've changed the size in cloth as well.


She still always has those hands in her mouth! And we can't go far without a bib or burp cloth with all the drool. Still no teeth yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're not far off. 



We celebrated my first Mother's Day this past month and baby dedication at church. You were such a trooper and everybody just loved your rolls. I have to say, you were the cutest baby there. Then again, I might be a little biased.



Dear Bug, 
You are truly a joy! I can't imagine life without you. It's hard to believe that it's been 4 months. In some ways, I feel like you were just born. In others, I feel like you've been with us forever. You are definitely developing your own little personality. That squeal of yours is becoming your go-to means of communication. I can't help but laugh. You've started mocking me too. It's been so much fun watching you learn and grow! I can't wait to see where God will take you. He has big plans for you, Bug, and it's going to be so fun to watch you shine.
Gitchee gitchee goo!
Mommy and Daddy


6 comments:

  1. Love that Braves shirt! Coming over from the Mommy Moments blog hop and I'm excited to follow along. Check out my blog if you get a chance.

    Sarah @ The Country Inspired
    http://thecountryinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We're huge Braves fans and had to have an impromptu photo shoot modeling our new Braves shirt.

      Delete
  2. This is a sweet post! I did monthly updates on a quilt, too! Her Nanny made her the quilt and I took her photo the first four months!!! You guys are Braves fans? Where are you from? We go to Atlanta often; I live near Montgomery, AL.

    Thanks for joining us at the Blog Hop!!

    www.mrsvolnoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt had her quilt made for her and I absolutely love it! It fits her nursery perfectly, and I love how vintage it looks. Yes, we are huge Braves fans (and Falcons and UGA fans). We actually live north of Atlanta, and personally we try to avoid the city as much as possible. Haha

      Delete