photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

12 June 2013

Wonder Week?

My normally easy-sleeping girl, has taken over a whole new personality these past few days. She's napping right on schedule and goes down rather easily. But come bedtime, something changes. We go through our normal routine: we play, bath, nurse, and then it's time for her to lay down. Typically she falls asleep while nursing and then I just put her down in her crib. Normally she falls asleep and stays asleep the whole night through. 

Then Saturday night...something changed.

Saturday, we spent the day with her great-grandparents (my grandparents) and we didn't get back home  until late and she refused to sleep until after 10. 
Sunday, we got up and went to church and had a relatively normal day, but she still wouldn't sleep until after 10. And to top it off, she will no longer sleep in her crib, which she has been doing wonderfully since she turned 2 months new.
Monday, a normal day. She naps perfectly. Mommy and baby just hanging out all day. Daddy comes home and we play hard all day long. Still, it's after 10 when she falls asleep. Again, in our bed.
Tuesday, evening comes and I make sure to wear her out and we spend lots of time doing tummy time. I nurse her and she falls asleep. For 30 minutes. Then she's up with no obvious hint of slowing down at all. So we cuddle and watch Doctor Who until almost midnight. The only change is she fell asleep in her crib.

Then each night she wakes up multiple times. She wakes up to officially eat around 5am. This is not normal for my girl.

Even now as I type this, she's sitting in my lap. Note, her bed time is between 7:30 and 8pm. She's s sitting here blowing raspberries, just as happy as she can be. Silly girl.

Now, I'm not really complaining. I'm looking at this time as extra cuddle time with my Bug. Time that I wouldn't otherwise get.

But I am wondering if anyone else has gone through something like this. I'm assuming it's just a growth spurt. She's learning a lot of new things nowadays, and I feel like she just can't shut her brain off. But, then again, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm going to cuddle with my girl and enjoy a Doctor Who marathon. I know I will look back on this time with fondness, and wish that she were little again.


Trying to wear her out last night before bed. She looks like she's up to something.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter isn't sleeping as well as she was either. But I think she's starting to teethe. Some nights are better than others...sometimes she wakes up once...sometimes three times. :-)

    Hang in there! I know from my older two that this season does pass. And, as you said, it's more time to be with my sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol aww, what a cute pic. She looks so mischievous.

    My 6 month old has been doing the exact same thing this week. She had her first tooth poke through so I guess it's that. Hopefully both our little ones start sleeping better soon!!

    ReplyDelete