photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

17 June 2013

5 Months!


weight: 17 lbs 6.5 oz       
height: 25 1/2 in 
eating: every 3-4 hours; exclusively breastfed
tummy time: tummy time is pretty much non-existent now that she's a rolling machine! 
happiness: she's still a pretty content and happy baby, but lately she's going through a little spurt, I'm hoping we can blame it on teething
loves: cuddles, Lamaze toys, exersaucer, her feet in her mouth, chewing on her fingers, sucking her  thumb, and rolling all over the place
sleep: this past week has been a little rough with sleeping, once we get her to sleep she's sleeping in little bits and pieces, the problem is getting her to sleep


She's gained another pound in the past month! Clearly, she still likes eating. I love how chunky she looks in this picture! I'm debating on whether or not to start her on solids this month. Her doctor said we can start anywhere between 4 and 6 months. I guess, we'll just keep playing around. 


I love a sleeping baby! 


She's officially rolling over! It's fun to watch her and she always seems so proud of herself whenever she rolls over. She loves to roll over from her back to her tummy, but she hates rolling the other way around. She'll get to her tummy and hang out there for a little while happy as can be. Then she starts fussing and wants me to roll her over. 


She's still mostly in 3-6 month clothes, with a few 6-9 month clothes thrown in. It just depends on the brand. She has pajamas that are 6-9 month but they fit like a 0-3 month. It was funny when I tried to get it on her one night. We're keeping the same size in cloth diapers, but we've gone to a size 3 in disposable diapers whenever we use them.


We used the kiddie pool for the first time this month! She didn't know what to think of it, but I think she had fun. We're going to try the big pool this month! I can't wait to get my Bug in the water!


We also went on our first road trip to Orlando this month. This girl was a rock star in the car! I was so impressed. 


She's officially found her thumb and her toes. Something is constantly in her mouth. It's pretty cute. 

Dear Bug, 
Every day is a new adventure with you! You are discovering new things all the time. You've started answering to your name and recognizing who we are! I love watching you find new things. The first time you rolled over you were so shocked! It was precious! And you love eating your toes. Bug, you're such a joy and I love spending each and every day with you! 
Gitchee gitchee goo!
Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

  1. I love the thumb in her mouth picture!! I keep wishing Aislynn would officially start sucking her thumb to self soothe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised when she started! I definitely wasn't expecting her to pick it up. It's really cute though, and great for when she can't find that paci.

      Delete