photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

28 February 2013

Losing the Baby Weight

I gave myself six weeks to chill before getting serious about losing this baby weight. So today marks the day where I start actually trying to lose the baby weight.

It shouldn't be hard...I mean, I only have 4.5 lbs to go before I hit pre-pregnancy weight, but I was trying to lose 15 lbs before I got pregnant. So the total weight loss goal is 20 lbs. I'm gonna need all the support I can get. Eating well is really hard for me, and I always find an excuse to not work out and I imagine with a newborn those excuses will come even easier. 

I'm wanting to be able to wear a bikini confidently this summer when we go to the beach (and we better be going to the beach for at least one weekend!).

So anybody got any hints on how I should start? What should I do? I've already fallen in love with green smoothies and will definitely be keeping those in the diet, but what else? I'm such a bad dieter and it's hard with a picky husband (not to mention my gluten-free diet). 


Now let me add that I'm not doing this because I think I'm ugly. I love my post-pregnancy body because it's a symbol of what I've been through, but I believe I would feel better and be a better me if I was healthier and lost a little bit of weight...

3 comments:

  1. Find an accountability partner to exercise with. :-) My sister and I will Skype each other and work out together. It's great accountability.

    I'd love for you to share your green smoothie recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! Another person trying to lose the baby weight! Me too! I have 10 lbs to lose of baby weight. I think one the biggest things for me is to not bring the crap food into the house! If its not there then I cant eat it! I have set some small and large goals for myself to.

    Check me out at http://www.amycoleman1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easier to work out when you're doing something you enjoy. (Not everyone likes running). I really enjoy hiking.
    You could also do P90X or other workout videos (I do a lot of them). It'd be easy enough to do and have your baby in the room at the same time.

    ReplyDelete