photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

15 May 2014

When Nursing Ends...

It was always my goal to nurse Bug as long as she wanted, within reason of course. We were lucky that breastfeeding came easily and naturally for us, and I loved the bond that breastfeeding created and I really didn't want to give it up. Call me selfish, call me crazy, call me whatever you want, but I was willing to nurse my girl past the age of 2 if she wanted. 



By the time Bug turned one she was nursing just twice a day. Once when she first woke up and then again right before bed. Not long after turning one she switched herself to just nursing in the evening right before bed. Keep in mind that I'm pregnant and still breastfeeding. After researching and talking to my OB (I was still seeing an OB at the time and hadn't made the switch to our midwife yet), I decided to continue with breastfeeding as long Bug wanted. I just had to make sure I was eating well, which is hard to do with morning sickness.

Once Bug hit 13 months, she became less and less interested in nursing before bed. Instead, she would fidget and cuddle, but wouldn't latch. Or if she did latch, it wasn't for long. I knew my time nursing her was coming to an end. We had already made the switch to cows milk and she had no problem making that switch. But the switch hurt my feelings more than I thought it would. It helps that I have another little one on the way to look forward to breastfeeding, but I still miss the time with my little girl. There are times that I still wish we were able to continue nursing, but I know that this is what was best for my baby girl and me, so instead of wishing for what isn't, I'm extremely thankful for the 13 months that I got to spend nursing my baby girl.

From Here to EternityWords About Waverly
my delicious adventure Photobucket
My Delicious Adventure                  The Life Of Faith
Running From The LawThe Olive Tree
         

May 8:          Taming the Temper Tantrums
May 15:        Weaning from Breastfeeding or From Formula to Cow’s Milk 
May 22:        Dealing with Mommy Guilt
May 29:        When People Share Their Opinions and How to Lovingly Handle it
June 5:         Traveling with your Toddler
June 12:       How to get your toddler to eat their veggies…or their food at all
June 19:       How to make time to blog in the busyness of motherhood
June 26:       Bedtime Battles (nap or bedtime)

1 comment:

  1. My youngest is just 6 months old so I have a while of nursing still but I thought about this just the other day! I think I will cry well a lot when that day comes! I have loved nursing so much!

    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete