photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

07 February 2014

Old Wives Tales

Anyone who's been pregnant, been related to someone pregnant, known someone pregnant, or seen someone pregnant, know that there are many people out there who put stock into those Old Wives Tales.


When I was pregnant with Bug, so many people would take one look at me and tell me with 100% certainty that I was having a boy. I carried her right out front, and it really did look like I had a basketball under my shirt. When I told them, "nope, it's a girl" they would look at me in awe. They were so sure they had guessed correctly based on the simple way I was carrying.

I for one, don't put too much stock into the Old Wives Tales. They were hit or miss for me with Bug. Actually, most of them said boy. Clearly, they were very wrong.

How did the Old Wives Tales stand up to your pregnancy? Were they correct? Or dead wrong like they were with mine?

1 comment:

  1. Certain ones have been accurate with Wyatt and Gwen, but this pregnancy is throwing them all off! And the carrying one is so hit or miss - I carried very similarly with my boys and with G!

    ReplyDelete