photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

02 July 2013

the Cloth Diaper Adventures #4: The One Where I Answer Questions



Question: How long is one size good for?
Answer: The cloth diapers that we chose grow as Bug grows. As Bug gains weight, we can lengthen and widen the diapers. So far we've gone up in one size by undoing the snaps and lengthening the diaper.

Question: Are you planning on diapering with cloth until she's potty trained?
Answer: That's the plan. I've heard that it's easier to potty train with cloth, but I don't know yet. I will keep you posted though.

Question: Do you really save a lot of money doing cloth diapers?
Answer: So far, I don't really know. We haven't had to buy disposable diapers. When we've used cloth diapers they are the ones we received from our shower. But we would have flown through those diapers if we hadn't of used cloth, so I imagine we have saved money.

Question: What do you do with the poop? 
Answer: Right now we are exclusively breastfeeding, so the poop just washes right off in the machine. When we start doing solids, I'll have to adjust my methods.

Question: What type of cloth diapers do you use?
Answer: We use AlvaBaby pocket diapers. I was a little hesitant to use the pocket diapers, but I have found that they are actually a lot easier than I thought they would be! And the hubs doesn't mind them either. Bonus.

Question: Where did you research cloth diapers?
Answer: I did a lot of researching on Pinterest. I found great blogs on cloth diapering. I wish I had saved them so I could share them on here with y'all. Unfortunately, the baby brain didn't let me. Of course, a lot of what I did was trial and error and finding out what worked for us.

Question: How many cloth diapers do you have?
Answer: I have 25. That's a little overkill though, but I do think it will serve us if we ever have 2 in diapers at the same time (no I'm not pregnant...this is an "if" and a "when").

If I missed any of your questions, or didn't explain anything well feel free to leave a comment! I love talking about cloth diapers. They have been a great experience for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment