photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

29 December 2014

Christmas Traditions

For Jo's first Christmas, we decided on a present tradition for the kids: 

Something I want
Something I need
Something to wear
and 
Something to read

They also get an ornament on the day we go and get our Christmas tree, as well as pajamas and a Christmas book on Christmas Eve.

For Jo's Christmas it was easy knowing what she may want and we knew what she needed. Her wear and read are things that I always have fun looking for and picking the perfect thing out for her. 

Here's how Jo's presents broke down:

Want:

Jo loves using our Norwex mop and always has to help us sweep, so it was obvious that getting her a Kids Norwex mop would be the perfect thing. And boy, were we right! She loves her new mop!

Need:
Okay...so maybe this need was more for my sake than her's, but we desperately needed a place to store her crayons and art supplies.

Wear:


My girl loves her kitty cats, so I thought a kitty cat dress would be perfect for her.

Read:


If you are ever in the market for a new children's book, I can't recommend this one enough! God Made Light is a wonderful book and I find myself with tears in my eyes every time I read this book to my girl. She seems to enjoy it too. But seriously, I LOVE this book!

James kind of got the short end of the stick for his first Christmas:

Want:


Jo had the Minnie Mouse version of this rattle and loved it, so it was only fitting that we got one for James as well.

Need:


The mat we had for James was on its last leg due to his big sister sitting on the arches, so it was time to invest in a new one. So far he seems to love it, which is more to say than the last mat.

Wear:


We had to get him a pair of Carhartt overalls! And they are just the absolute cutest!

Read:


the Story of Ferdinand just seemed fitting for my little boy's first Christmas. I look forward to reading this to him many times over the next few years.

Do y'all have any present traditions when it comes to your family? 



No comments:

Post a Comment