photo banner.png" Image Map
 photo photobanner1.png

28 November 2012

Due dates




Well, praise the Lord, my due date hasn't changed! We went in for our measurement ultrasound this morning to see how big my little girl is growing. I was nervous that they would change her due date or say that she needed to come earlier than we had already "planned" on (I used the word "planned" lightly as I know baby girl can come anytime from now until two weeks after her scheduled due date). But I have my heart set on her coming later than scheduled (it has to do with when and for how long I have to go back to work before summer break). So for now she's still predicted to come January 14th. 


So the hubs and I get to the appointment early this morning and head right back with the ultrasound tech. She got us set up and started looking at our little girl. Immediately we find that she is head down and in position for whenever the time may be that she decides to come to the world (YAY! Such a relief!). Then she went to measuring her. First, we discover that she has short legs...Sounds a lot like her mommy! I'm only about 5'0" maybe 5'1" and the women on my side of the family aren't much taller. So, short legs run in the family :) Then we took a look at her belly. Well, she's got a big belly. It just made me chuckle. I'm definitely okay with a chubby belly. Chubby babies are the cutest! Lastly, we looked at her head and it looks like she has a big head too! So big belly and big head (and cute chubby cheeks!). Ouch is all I could think the moment when we were told about her head measurements. The ultrasound tech continued to take measurements and then calculated everything together and everything looks great! She's measuring just a little big, about a week early, but nothing out of the ordinary! As of now she's somewhere between 5 lbs and 5 lbs 8 oz. 

This is a complete answer to prayers. I still have no idea when she'll get here, I'm just thankful that it won't be scheduled early and that she will be allowed to come when she's ready. Of course, things could always change, but for now I choose to dwell on the positive and for now...she's right on track!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that everything turned out ok!! Hopefully she'll come right on her due date so you get a nice break from work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chubby babies ARE cute :] I'm due one day after you! Found you via My Joy Filled Pregnancy. Blessings on the remainder of your pregnancy :]

    ReplyDelete